Tuesday, December 18, 2007

GUAHAN Project

Since 2003, the Guam HIV/AIDS Network Project (Gua. H/A N. Project) has been providing trainings and resources on HIV, AIDS, Tuberculosis, STDs, women's reproductive health, quitting smoking, diabetes, etc., but it was just this month that they launched their new outreach website.

It is looking great, and I welcome them to the Guamroots!

Next month, I will be sure to remind everyone about their local-cast production of the musical RENT, but for those who can't wait that long, I will give you an update on their event for this weekend:

December 22: Saturday
GUAHAN Project Film Festival
HIV/AIDS themed films and local productions for AIDS awareness
6:00 PM to 10:00 PM
GUAHAN Project Resource Center located directly across Tamuning Elementary School, Chalan San Antonio, Tamuning, Core Pacific Building, Third Floor, Suite 301
Refreshments will be served

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, my name is Stacy Salas. I'm currently a student at CU Boulder (Colorado) and I was wondering if there were any opportunities to volunteer with Guahan Project?

Anonymous said...

Stacy, you might want to check out this opportunity through JMU. The travel dates are coming up soon, but it might lead you to some other options at the very least. I hope that helps!

http://www.jmu.edu/international/abroad/jmu_guam/index.shtml