Friday, November 16, 2007

Latitude 13



I don't know that much about her politics, but I might not really care.
(Who am I fooling, I care, but I am going to contact her before doing all my homework because I love her site just on the look of it!)

I found latitude13.com, the online home of Guam based photographer and graphic designer, Josie.

Her dogs are named Yoda (props!) and Leeloo (love!), and she writes a great blog about the scene local to 13.28 degrees North, 144.47 degrees East.

She has a Flickr account filled with shots that would make a mailman from heaven weep while delivering the postcards.

She might not be the elusive guam-poli-blogger yet, but if we could get her viewpoint and camera to Denver, that is a blog I would watch.


Josie,

Hello stranger! Beautiful work, I really like what you are doing on Latitude 13 and want to talk with you briefly about blogging Guam.

I am a political blogger from Denver, Colorado. I am covering next year's Democratic National Convention, and it has led me into a strange sideline.

The Convention is credentialing bloggers to cover their delegations, and while I have nothing to do with choosing who gets those credentials, I was curious about who in the world would have the money, time, and interest needed to be the political blogger from Guam.

Jason Rosenberg is the internet guy for the Democrats, and I have been running a site called GuamLovesJasonRosenberg.blogspot.com chronicling my attempts to learn about the Guam internet scene.

My post today features you!

Now, don't be fooled into believing anybody is reading the site just yet, but do not underestimate my ability for shameless self promotion. I intend to get the people there and create an opportunity for Guam to have a larger voice in what happens here in Colorado.

Help me get the facts straight on the Guam political scene, Guam blogs, or even just stop by and say hello to Denver.

I don't know if you are a Democrat or not, and it doesn't really matter. I have a feeling that those labels mean something different in the middle of the ocean than they do here in the middle of the continent. I just want to find out more about what that difference is.

Please stop by and let me know whose blogs I should be reading.

Thanks!

Aaron Silverstein

No comments: