Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Post #3 (only 117 to go!)

Shoyoroll

Hello Guam!

I am a blogger from Denver, Colorado, the site of the 2008 Democratic National Convention. I am planning on covering the event, but have no official connection with it whatsoever.

The convention staff is making a real effort this year to include the online community in their coverage, and to further that they are trying to credential a local political blogger from every state and territory to cover the convention on site next summer.

Obviously, being in the host city the competition for the limited spots could be quite strong. As a joke I told the Director of Internet Communications, Jason Rosenberg, that I would take Guam's spot if nobody else wanted it. What started as a joke is leading me into a fun search to find someone who would be a good fit for the position.

Candidates should be websites that are over six months old, with at least 120 posts of a political nature, who apply through demconvention.com starting on Dec. 10th.

But at this point I would like to just understand the political netroots of Guam.

I am using my website guamlovesjasonrosenberg.blogspot.com to track my quest in finding a progressive blogger from Guam who can come join us here in Colorado.

Which blogs should I be reading? Who should hear more details about the convention? Where can I even find the Democratic Party website for Guam? Help me find out.

Thanks!

No comments: