Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Myspace Guam


Myspace has a number of Guammy groups out there.

The user Guam has 7034 friends.
The group ChAmOrRo~StYlE has 2004 members.
The user Guam Heads has 2080 friends.

It looks like Myspace is where the Guahan community hangs out on the net.

The signal to noise ratio is horrible at MySpace. So many scams and fake posts that it is hard to see where any of this will give me any information. It is time I found someone to help. I am going to see what I can do to find Denver based Chamorro MySpace musician; Santiago the Artist. (Click to see his page and hear his work.)

Santiago,

Great music. Are you playing anywhere local soon? I would love to come and listen.

I am a blogger from Denver, and I am one of the writers the political website SquareState.net

The Democratic National Convention is going to be in Denver next year, and I am trying to find political writers online who are interested in covering the convention from a chamorro perspective. Personally, I am about as far from the one as you can get for the job. I have no connection to the islands or their culture. I do have a desire, however, to see that the media coverage of the convention reflects the full diversity of our country.

Maybe you can help me. I have a website set up called GuamLovesJasonRosenberg.blogspot.com

Jason is the name of the guy the convention has credentialing internet writers as journalists. I am trying to learn everything I can about Guam on the net and see if I can't point the right person Jason's way.

Right now, I am writing about Guam on myspace. Even if it has nothing to do with politics at all, could you reply to this and share with me some of your thoughts about the relationship between Guam and the internet, or maybe point me to someone out there whose blog I should be reading?

Thanks,

Aaron

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaron!!

i randomly stumbled upon your blog, and would love to help you...shoot me an email at contact@rebelmusik.com and i'll be sure to help you out and send you some updates on local shows..

SANTIAGO